Why Never Put Carbonated Beverages In The Freezer

Here is another frightening incidence which happened in China. Last year in August (2012), a boy in China ended up with 31 stitches on his face and 7 more stitches inside of his mouth all because of a frozen can of Coca Cola. Yes, this is the real thing, indeed. When he opened his icy-cold frozen can drink, it exploded right in his face.

frozen can drink explodes in china

For your info, when carbonated beverages are frozen, the liquid expands as it turns to ice, and the carbon dioxide gas gets squeezed out of the mixture as it solidifies. Thus builds up more pressure on the walls of the can. [source]