Do you want to know how to copy Look Inside pages Amazon books from its website?
By the way, this is an updated blog post from my previous post back in the year 2014.
The free preview pages can be seen when you click on the “Look inside” at the top right hand corner of the book cover image.
When you click on it, it will open a new page where you can see a limited preview pages of the book.
As it, most of the books in Amazon site, you cannot just right click and copy the content.
For those who like to get the preview pages text, then read and find out the two (2) methods which still work.
Copy Look Inside Pages Amazon Books
Here are two methods which I am using them currently.
Method 1: Select All & Right Click
Note: For this method, it will NOT work for all books.
I think many of the books in Amazon CANNOT be copied using this method anymore.
Anyway, this is what you do:
1. Firstly you need to check out whether the particular book can be copied with this method.
2. You click on the “Kindle Book” tab at the Look Inside page .
3. Once you are at the Kindle Book, just right click on the page.
4. A box pops up. Click “Select All“.
5. If you find the center portion of the page which you wanted is completely highlighted or boxed up completed with the light blue color, then it CANNOT work! (see the image below)
6. Then you have to use Method 2 to get the text of the preview pages, as explained below.
7. But when you right click and then click “Select All“, only the text is highlighted in blue color line by line, then it works for this method. (see the image below)
8. Next, you right click again. Then click “Copy“.
9. Then open your Notepad.
10. Right click on the Notepad and click “Paste“.
11. Now you have all the text from the Amazon Look Inside page over at your Notepad.
12. Select whatever text you want or just delete away those unwanted text.
13. That’s all.
Method 2: Copy With Sniping Tool & Optical Character Recognition Software
As I have explained above at #5, for those books which you cannot highlight the text line by line, but you can still highlight the text from the Look Inside! pages in a blue color box.
You just capture the screen of the pages.
You use the “Snipping Tool” or any other screen capturing tools to capture out the pages.
Then you saved the image in a JPEG file.
Next, you use Optical Character Recognition, or OCR tool to convert the JPEG format to editable text.
These are the two ways of copying Look Inside pages of Amazon books, which still work.
Note: You can copy these preview pages from Amazon site for personal use only.
But please DO NOT plagiarize like this Malaysian writer.
Related Tip: Here is a tutorial on how to copy preview pages from Google Books.