Koon Yew Yin, one of the founder of IJM is offering 50 personal scholarships to needy students for the next academic year to study finance and accountancy in University TAR, Kampar, Perak.
Each scholarship is worth RM 20,000, enough to cover the costs for the first year foundation course and the first semester of the degree course, until you secure a PTPN loan.
Each scholarship is worth Rm 20,000 which should be enough for each student to cover the cost for the first year foundation course and the first semester of the degree course in finance and accountancy until he or she secures the PTPTN loan.
1. Student’s family income should not be MORE than Rm 2,000 per month.
2. Students will be selected more on the basis of their financial need and not just on their academic achievement.
3. This scholarship is given to all students irrespective of race and religion.
4. It is for those who have secured a place to study for the foundation course in any of the public Universities, including UTAR
5. Scholarship recipients after completion of their degree courses are NOT required to compensate in any way for the financial support received.
6. The only condition is that they will have to promise to help other poor students when they themselves are financially secure and in a position to help the unfortunate and needy.
7. All applications should be sent to the address below with appropriate parents’ salary or pay vouchers or other evidence of income as well as offer letters from the universities.
8. For students whose parents engaged in self employment, a letter of reference from a school teacher or official on the financial status of the parents will be sufficient.
Contact by post:
Mrs Koon Yew Yin
27, Lengkok Harimau
Or contact by email: [email protected]
Who is Koon Yew Yin.
He is a well-known retired chartered civil engineer and a philanthropist. Koon Yew Yin is thehe founder of some of the established construction companies in Malaysia, which include IJM Corporation, Gamuda and Mudajaya.
He is the man who said history will not judge Dr.Mahathir so kindly but will place him in the company of lesser and even failed leaders such as Ferdinand Marcos, Suharto and Robert Mugabe. [source]
He is the man who wrote to several letters to the former Perak M.B, Tan Sri Rosli to say that building the dam at Sungei Kinta costing RM 1.2 billion was not necessary and was a waste of tax payers’ money.
He is the man who wanted to donate Rm 30 million to build hostels within the Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (Utar) campus in Kampar, Perak, but was rejected by MCA back in year 2010. [source]
As reported in The Malaysian Insider, MCA President Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek denied knowledge of a RM30 million donation offer from Koon Yew Yin for its Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.
According to Mr Koon, his donation offer was rejected because the MCA leaders who owned all the land outside the campus did not want me to disturb their lucrative rental business.
Koon Yew Yin Book Launch
You can read more enlightening information from his book “Malaysia: Road Map for Achieving Vision 2020”, which was launched by Tan Sri Tengku Razaleigh Hamza on 1st. April 2012 at Syuen Hotel,Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil, Green Town, Ipoh, Perak .
Read Koon Yew Yin’s article “MCA’s record on education: Shameful and pathetic” which was published in The Malaysian Insider on August 21, 2012.