After you have downloaded your favorite scanned comic or cartoon books in .cbr file, you cannot just click to view it in your Windows right away. When you double click on a .cbr file, a Windows box will pop up just like the one below:
You cannot view the comics because they are in archive format. You need programs like Comical, CBR Reader or ComicBookLover (Mac users).
This is how to view your scanned comic book in .cbr file with Comical:
1. First, you need to download Comical program from: http://comical.sourceforge.net/
2. From the Comical site, look for items listed below GET IT DOWN. Make your selection depending on your Windows. If you are using Windows 7, click either the word source or Windows as shown below:
3. It will take you to a soundforge.net page and a few seconds later Comical-win32-07.zip box will pop up.
4. Select Save File option. It means you click on the small circle in front of the words Save File. Now click the OK button.
How To Use Comical WinRAR ZIP archive To Open Comic Book
1. After it has finished downloading, go to where you have saved this WinRAR ZIP archive called Comical-win32-07zip. It looks like this:
2. Double click on Comical-win32-07zip.
3. You should see a page like the one below. Double click on the file folder as shown below:
4. A list of text documents and applications will appear. Click on Comical.exe as shown below:
5. A box will appear. Look for your saved comic book in .cbr file.
6. Double click on it.
7. Comical comic viewer will pop up together your downloaded comic book right away as shown below:
That’s all. Enjoy reading your favorite comic book.