Here is a detailed and easy-to-understand guide on how to update BRIM 2018 online application.
Yes, it is about how to kemas kini Brim 2018 secara online.
If you log into the BR1M Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia website, you DON’T see the word “Kemas Kini” (update).
Alas, it is similar to the many badly setup sites, where you need to poke around to get to the specific page which you are searching.
Kemaskini Brim 2018 Secara Online
I think many website designers need to read the book, “Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability” by Steve Krug.
The problem with many so-called designers, they forget the “function over form” principle.
Designers, remember this aphorism found in French aristocrat aviator-writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s 1939 book “Terre des Hommes” (English Title: Wind Sand And Stars).
“…la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n’y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n’y a plus rien à retrancher…”
“…perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away…” (English translation)
(Wind Sand And Stars By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Translated From The French By Lewis Galantière, New York: Reynal & Hichcock, 1939, Ch.3: The Tool, P.66) source
(The quote is also found here.)
Sorry for the digression…
Update BRIM 2018 Online
Let’s get back to updating your BR1M application 2018:
Note: Before you log into BR1M site, get your BR1M application form by your side.
You need some of the information from it when it comes to “Soalan Keselamatan” (Security Question) part. (see #9 below)
1. Log in to BR1M home page.
2. As you can see there is NO immediate or direct “Kemas Kini” link on the very home page.
3. You need to click on the “MyBR1M” to kemas kini or update your application as shown below:
4. Now you can see “KEMAS KINI PERMOHONAN“. (Update Application)
5. Click on “KEMAS KINI PERMOHONAN” icon or pictogram as shown above.
6. It will show you a page, where it provides an empty space for you to type in your MyKad number (Nombor Kad Pengenalan).
7. Then click on “Log Masuk” red button next to it.
8. Now it opens another page, where you need to answer the “Soalan Keselamatan” (Security Question).
9. The question varies. It could be: your email address which you have listed in the application, your partner’s MyKad number, your phone number or where did you register the application, etc.
You can get them from your BR1M application, which I have reminded you above.
10. After typing in the information as requested, click on the “Hantar” button.
Note: For whatever reason if you could not answer the question asked, you can click on the “Tukar Soalan” button, to get another question.
11. If there is no problem to the security question, it will send you right into your BR1M application form.
12. Here you can see all the details of your application.
13. Should you have any information which you need to change, do it now.
14. It could be your email address, phone number, Bank account number or even the details of your heir.
15. If there is nothing to edit or change, then leave them as they are.
16. Scroll down until you see section “KOD PENGESAHAN“.(AUTHENTICATION CODE)
17. Type in the digits (as shown on the left side) onto the blank space provided next to it.
18. Now click on the “KEMAS KINI” red button below it.
19. Instantly, a menu pops up on the top right hand corner as shown below:
20. Click on the small square box next to: “Saya bersetuju dengan terma dan syarat di atas*“.
21. A small tick symbol will appear inside the small square box.
22. Next click on the “SETUJU & HANTAR” red button.
23. Immediately another box pops up with the remark: “Permohonan anda telah berjaya dikemaskini“.
24. Finally click on the “OK” button.
25. Then it will show your latest updated application form.
26. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the “CETAK” (PRINT) button.
27. Click on it, as shown below:
28. Now you can either save your latest updated BR1M application 2018 onto your PC or you can print it out for filling.
29. That’s all. You are done.
Note: There is no “Logout” link at the site.
You just close it by clicking on on the “Close Tab” (X symbol on the tab).
This is a comprehensive guide for Malaysians who need to update or kemas kini their BR1M Bantuan Rakyat Malaysia application online.